AX742 Stacking Kit is cost-effective preferred method for local Virtual Chassis Stacking using both rear I/O bays. When some switches are distant, affordable SFP+ (AX743) and 10GBase-T (AX745) I/O modules allow for fiber or copper distant connections, still leveraging rear bays zero-touch stacking functionality.
- For deployment convenience, M5300 series two rear I/O bays are pre-configured for stacking mode in factory default settings, allows for zero-touch stacking as soon as back connectivity is detected.
- Copper, fiber can be mixed and matched for stacking interconnect.
- One AX742 Stacking Kit per M5300 switch for local, dual ring topology
- Latest IEEE 802.3ak 10GBASE-CX4 specifications (infiniband)
- Each I/O module half-duplex speed is 12 Gbps (24 Gbps full duplex) with 1m cable